Bacteria Vaginosis is when the healthy bacterial balance in the vagina is disrupted and replaced with an overgrowth of “Bad Bacteria”, caused by a large amount of growth of hormones from the pituitary gland. A discharge is sometimes visible in many women followed by pain, odor, itching or burning. Other women with bacteria vaginosis also known as BV, don’t know they have it because they have no symptoms.
Bacteria Vaginosis is a mild infection in the vagina that is caused by bacteria. Signs of BV include thin white or gray discharge, itching, burning or a strong fishy odor. If the infection is left untreated, it can move up to the uterus and fallopian tubes.
BV is often misdiagnosed more often than the other sexual transmitted diseases. Research shows about 29% of women in the United States have BV.
Non-Hispanic white females 23.2%
Non-Hispanic black females 51.4%
Mexican American females 31.9%
Many chronic bacteria vaginosis sufferers spend years searching for a way to find the cure to end this terrible problem, causing a lot of pain and embarrassment. So many women find it hard to talk to their doctors, embarrassed about their problem.
One of the biggest cause for BV becoming chronic is the use of antibiotics. Your vagina has good and bad bacteria, and antibiotics kills both kinds which does get rid of BV and its symptoms temporarily.
Even women who have never had sexual intercourse may also be affected by BV, and also is often seen in pregnant women which complicated the pregnancy, risking premature or low birth weight babies.
Are you one of the many women who cannot cure their BD with over the counter medication? Try Home Remedies in the privacy of your own home. Here are some ideas to consider:
Yogurt: Lactobacillusacidophilus and L. bifidus which is present in yogurt helps restore the acidic balance in the vagina. They can either be taken orally or introduced directly into the vagina. Plain yogurt can be eaten directly. Vagina inserts, in the form of tampons soaked in yogurt is another effective alternative.
Douching: A boric acid douche is an ideal alternative to acidify the vagina’s pH. This treatment prevents unwanted bacteria from multiplying and destroying what’s already present.
Some women are sensitive to this douching method. Another effective way is summer’s eve medicated douche, which contains potassium iodine. A vinegar douche made by mixing one tablespoon of vinegar per quart of warm water is also effective.
Beta-dine and gentian violet: Beta-dinc and gentian violet is an effective antiseptic iodine solution. This method should not be used in treating bacterial vaginosis in pregnancy. Gention violet is an effective antifungal stain. Both are effective in curing BV, but they’re messy and leave stains.
Nutritional supplement: Antioxidants in vitamin A, C, D and E, as well as B complex, help in treating bacteria vaginosis. Apply vitamin E creams helps relieve itching.
Dietary Restrictions: Food such as cheese, alcohol, chocolate, soya sauce, sugar, vinegar, fruits, fermented foods or those containing molds, like blue cheese, should be avoided.
Warm Bath: An ordinary warm bath or a shallow sitz bath, can be soothing to irritated genital tissues. Don’t use soap as it removes the skin’s natural oils that act as the body’s natural lipid barriers against germs.
Cold Compresses: Placing cold compresses using a washcloth on the affected area will reduce thye swelling and itching. It causes the vessels to constrict and makes the area less red and swollen. By choosing the treatment for bacterial vaginosis of the natural kind offers a safe, cheap and effective alternative. Always consult your doctor before opting for this solution.
Home treatments for Bacteria Vaginosis
– Make a douche using 1 tsp. of hydrogen peroxide with 1c of water. Use this one a day, until the day after your symptoms disappear.
– Avoid high sugar diet. Sugar depresses the function of the body’s white blood cells that fight infection.
– Wear loose clothing, preferably no pants, jeans in particularly are bad. They limit the amount of fresh air to the area.
– No panties whenever possible are helpful.
– No intercourse until the infection is cleared.
– Herbal treatment
– The tree oil antimicrobial properties that are effective in the home treatment of bacteria vaginosis. It could be used vaginally through tea tree oil soaked tampons douches and suppositories. It can be added to the essential oil bath, or a warm sitz bath, along with pure apple cider vinegar to get rid of bacteria vaginosis.
– Aroma essential oils like lavender oil mixed with myrrh with apricot kernel oil as a carrier, is an excellent home remedy. The oil is used on the outer lips of the vagina, but may burn a little if the vagina is very irritated.
– Black walnut fights bacteria and has proven an effective bacterial vaginosis herb.
– Coneflowers: The root of this herb is considered one of the best blood purifiers and an effective antibiotic. It activates the body’s immune system, increasing the chances by anyone alllergic to the sunflower family.
– Garlic: Known as natures antibiotic, is effective against bacterial vaginosis, because of its strong antibacterial properties, can be taken both orally or vaginally.
A peeled whole garlic clove wrapped in gauze can be inserted into thr vagina. It can be used as douches or in suppository form. This herb also prevents bacterial vaginosis recurrence.
Thousands of women suffer with recurring bacteria vaginosis. It pretty much controls your life, fighting for the perfect cure to get rid of your BV. It’s important to find the proper cure that best works with your body.