Dr Alexander Shiplyuk, director of the Institute of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics of the Russian Academy of Sciences’ Siberian Branch, is the third Russian scientist this summer to be arrested on suspicion of treason.The institute’s scientific director Vasily Fomin told the Russian news agency TASS that Shiplyuk was sent to the Lefortovo pre-trial detention center in Moscow.His detention comes after the arrest on June 27 of the chief researcher of the institute, Anatoly Maslov, who is suspected of transferring state secret data related to hypersonic missiles.According to the institute’s website, Shiplyuk heads a technology lab with unique wind tunnels purpose-built…
- Reports of U.S. Sixth Gen. Fighter Entering Engineering and Manufacturing Development Phase Unfounded – Still a Long Way To Go
- Globe-changing reverberations of the Ukraine war
- WATCH: CNN Reports on Why More Liberal-Leaning Women Are Buying Guns
- Ukraine war, inflation harming Bangladesh’s shrimp exports
- Meeting in Brussels Signifies a Turning Point for Allies Arming Ukraine – The New York Times
- How real are Putin’s nuclear threats in Ukraine?
- Russians flee the draft as the reality of the war in Ukraine hits home
- bne IntelliNews – Latvian Prime Minister Krisjanis Karins set to benefit from hardline stance on Ukraine war
The future is you. So we value your opinion on everything from topics you'd like to read to products you'd like to see.