20 September 2022
by Nicholas Fiorenza
The Dutch 45th Armoured Infantry Battalion was declared combat-ready for the NRF on 13 September following exercise ‘Vigourous Bison’ held in eastern Germany the previous two weeks. (Dutch MoD)
The Dutch 45th Armoured Infantry Battalion is combat-ready for the NATO Response Force (NRF), the Netherlands informed the alliance on 13 September. The declaration followed two years of preparations culminating in the battalion exercising in the Gefechtsübungszentrum Heer (GÜZ), the German Army’s combat training centre in Altmark, eastern Germany, the previous week.
A Dutch Ministry of Defence (MoD) spokesperson told Janes on 19 September that the battalion would be kept at combat readiness for several years but would not specify how many days readiness it was at or if it was part of the NRF Very High Readiness Joint Task Force (VJTF). The Netherlands will support the VJTF with 1,500 troops in 2023, according to the Bundeswehr website, which gives a readiness level of two to seven days for the VJTF.
Wise (formerly TransferWise) is the cheaper, easier way to send money abroad. It helps people move money quickly and easily between bank accounts in different countries. Convert 60+ currencies with ridiculously low fees - on average 7x cheaper than a bank. No hidden fees, no markup on the exchange rate, ever.
How to access the offer?
1- Click here
2- Select “Register''
3- Enter your email address, create a password, and select your country of residence
4- Fill out the required personal information, and the free first transfer offer will be applied automatically.
Benefits of the Multi-Currency Account:
- Free to create online
- Hold 50+ currencies
- Get multiple local bank details in one account (including EU, UK, US)
- Convert currency at the real exchange rate, even on weekends
- Spend whilst travelling on the Wise debit card without high conversion fees
Wise International Transfers:
- $1.5 billion saved by customers every year
- Send money to over 60 target currencies
- Lower fees for larger transfers
- No hidden fees. No bad exchange rates. No surprises.
- Send your money with a bank transfer, or a debit or credit card