21 September 2022
by Oishee Majumdar
The Philippine Navy conducted a “send-off ceremony” of the ScanEagle2 UAS acquired in 2020 from the US to mark the first deployment of its Maritime Unmanned Aerial Reconnaissance Squadron 71 (MUARS71), which will be operating the system. (Philippine Navy)
The Philippine Navy (PN) marked the first deployment of its Maritime Unmanned Aerial Reconnaissance Squadron 71 (MUARS71) by organising a “send-off ceremony” of the ScanEagle2 unmanned aerial system (UAS) acquired from the United States for the squadron in 2020.
The ceremony, highlighting MUARS71’s first deployment after the completion of the squadron’s “one year in-country training”, was conducted by the PN’s Naval Air Wing (NAW) at its headquarters in Naval Base Heracleo Alano, located in Cavite City, PN tweeted on 19 September.
“The ‘Alpha Flight’ of MUARS-71 is composed of five officers and nine maintenance crew,” NAW said.
The MUARS71 will be utilising the ScanEagle2 UAS “to conduct different missions like patrols and surveillance” for the PN, NAW said.
Wise (formerly TransferWise) is the cheaper, easier way to send money abroad. It helps people move money quickly and easily between bank accounts in different countries. Convert 60+ currencies with ridiculously low fees - on average 7x cheaper than a bank. No hidden fees, no markup on the exchange rate, ever.
How to access the offer?
1- Click here
2- Select “Register''
3- Enter your email address, create a password, and select your country of residence
4- Fill out the required personal information, and the free first transfer offer will be applied automatically.
Benefits of the Multi-Currency Account:
- Free to create online
- Hold 50+ currencies
- Get multiple local bank details in one account (including EU, UK, US)
- Convert currency at the real exchange rate, even on weekends
- Spend whilst travelling on the Wise debit card without high conversion fees
Wise International Transfers:
- $1.5 billion saved by customers every year
- Send money to over 60 target currencies
- Lower fees for larger transfers
- No hidden fees. No bad exchange rates. No surprises.
- Send your money with a bank transfer, or a debit or credit card