Ukrainian authorities condemned what they described as a Russian missile attack near a nuclear plant in the southern Mykolaiv region. Battles gripped the city of Lyman and moved into the region of Luhansk in eastern Ukraine. Here’s the latest on the war and its impact across the globe.
- A Russian missile hit 300 yards from reactors at the South Ukraine nuclear power plant, and a nearby hydropower facility shut down, state company Energoatom said Monday. But the plant’s three power units were still operating, and no workers were injured in the explosion, the Ukrainian nuclear operator said.
- Artillery strikes against targets inside Russia have pushed officials in Russian border towns to order hasty evacuations, bringing the impact of the war closer for Russians. While Moscow blamed Ukrainian forces, Kyiv has not claimed responsibility for the attacks within Russian territory.
- Ukrainian forces have retaken a settlement in the eastern Luhansk region, which Russian forces seized almost entirely in recent months, regional governor Serhiy Haidai said. He said troops now control Bilohorivka in the suburbs of the city of Lysychansk. The Washington Post could not immediately verify the claim.
- Members of the far-right Alternative for Germany party said they were traveling to Russian-held parts of eastern Ukraine on Tuesday. The trip is expected to be used in Moscow to buttress calls to annex swaths of Ukrainian territory.
Wise (formerly TransferWise) is the cheaper, easier way to send money abroad. It helps people move money quickly and easily between bank accounts in different countries. Convert 60+ currencies with ridiculously low fees - on average 7x cheaper than a bank. No hidden fees, no markup on the exchange rate, ever.
How to access the offer?
1- Click here
2- Select “Register''
3- Enter your email address, create a password, and select your country of residence
4- Fill out the required personal information, and the free first transfer offer will be applied automatically.
Benefits of the Multi-Currency Account:
- Free to create online
- Hold 50+ currencies
- Get multiple local bank details in one account (including EU, UK, US)
- Convert currency at the real exchange rate, even on weekends
- Spend whilst travelling on the Wise debit card without high conversion fees
Wise International Transfers:
- $1.5 billion saved by customers every year
- Send money to over 60 target currencies
- Lower fees for larger transfers
- No hidden fees. No bad exchange rates. No surprises.
- Send your money with a bank transfer, or a debit or credit card