21 September 2022
by Richard Scott
Computer render of NGDS Configuration D. (Safran)
Safran Electronics & Defense has revealed details of a new variant of its New Generation Dagaie System (NGDS) trainable decoy launcher engineered for compatibility with NATO standard 130 mm countermeasures rounds.
The system, known internally as NGDS Configuration D, is being bid for the UK Royal Navy’s (RN’s) Electronic Warfare Counter Measures (EWCM) Increment 1a requirement. EWCM forms part of the RN’s overarching Maritime Electronic Warfare Programme (MEWP), which is intended to recapitalise surface ship electronic surveillance, electronic warfare command-and-control, and soft-kill anti-ship missile defence.
NGDS uses a two-axis launcher capable of training in both azimuth and elevation to achieve optimum placement of the soft-kill decoy payload effect. The original 12-round launcher developed by Safran for the French Navy is compatible with Lacroix Defense 150 mm calibre SEALEM and SEALIR decoy rockets, respectively, deploying advanced radio frequency (RF) and infrared (IR) payloads.
Wise (formerly TransferWise) is the cheaper, easier way to send money abroad. It helps people move money quickly and easily between bank accounts in different countries. Convert 60+ currencies with ridiculously low fees - on average 7x cheaper than a bank. No hidden fees, no markup on the exchange rate, ever.
How to access the offer?
1- Click here
2- Select “Register''
3- Enter your email address, create a password, and select your country of residence
4- Fill out the required personal information, and the free first transfer offer will be applied automatically.
Benefits of the Multi-Currency Account:
- Free to create online
- Hold 50+ currencies
- Get multiple local bank details in one account (including EU, UK, US)
- Convert currency at the real exchange rate, even on weekends
- Spend whilst travelling on the Wise debit card without high conversion fees
Wise International Transfers:
- $1.5 billion saved by customers every year
- Send money to over 60 target currencies
- Lower fees for larger transfers
- No hidden fees. No bad exchange rates. No surprises.
- Send your money with a bank transfer, or a debit or credit card