Our AR tier list ranks all the assault rifles in Call of Duty: Warzone Season 4 Pacific from best to worst.
Published on June 23rd, 2022
As expected with any seasonal update in Warzone Pacific, the tiers have shifted just a bit based on what Raven Software decided to alter. In some cases, the rifles were given base stat changes that affect the weapon no matter what.
Other cases change the stats on popular attachments, which can indirectly alter a weapon’s performance. Either way, find out where every AR stands from the best to the worst in Season 4.
Warzone Season 4 (2022) Assault Rifle tier list
Nearly all assault rifles in Warzone Pacific Season 4 have been ranked based on their versatility and effectiveness at different ranges. The best rifles have next to no recoil, a ton of effective damage range, and armor can be melted in seconds.
In the new season, there are certainly some weapons to keep an eye on. There are no new assault rifles, but the pool of weapons is massive as always. Options like the STG 44 or the BAR have received some slight negative changes, but they will remain powerhouses. Other weapons like the Cooper and the Vargo have simply become better.
Tier rank description:
- S-Tier: This tier typically comprises the most popular “meta” weapons, and for a good reason. These are picks that most competitive players will continue to use until something better comes along. They are nearly flawless at almost any range.
- A-Tier: These assault rifles come close to S-Tier, with subtle differences in their consistency and power. Simple nerfs can bring a weapon down here; however, these can be ameliorated with a solid loadout.
- B-Tier: Here, you’ll find the middle tier of assault rifles. These guns would still be considered usable, but they need the right attachments. Again, expect to lose some uneven fights depending on the loadout.
- C-Tier: This is where weapons start to lose quality. Attachments can help these, but these assault rifles are primarily used for fun. You can pull off some great plays, but you’ll likely lose a lot of fights.
- D-Tier: Any weapon in this category should be avoided. They aren’t competitive, and playing with them is not fun because of their lack of power.
Note: This tier list will be ranked based on the latest Warzone Pacific Season 4 patch. The goal is to create the most accurate tier list that reflects the current meta, but all lists will have some differences depending on perspective.
S-Tier Assault Rifles
- Krig 6
- Grau 5.56
- Vargo 52
- AK-47 (BOCW)
- Cooper Carbine
- KG M40
The largest changes in the S-Tier are tied to the KG M40 and the STG44. While the STG44 had a long list of changes, it still remains reliable. Then there is the KG M40 which was a tier below last season. Plenty of changes to the KG have brought it up to the top tier in Warzone Season 4. Other weapons like the Vargo 52 and the Cooper Carbine became even easier to use.
A-Tier Assault Rifles
- Nikita AVT
- CR-56 AMAX
There are a few major weapons in the A-tier that got a slew of adjustments. The NZ-41 and the BAR are among the ARs that have the longest list of changes. Season 4 places weapons like the NZ-41 and the Nikita AVT close to the top tier, but they can’t meet the same potential as better guns.
B-Tier Assault Rifles
- AS VAL
- Kilo 141
- ITRA Burst
- FARA 83
In Warzone Season 4, the B-Tier of weapons only had a few alterations. Most of the attention was given to A-tier or S-tier selections. However, the ITRA Burst and the Vold both received slight buffs. The former had an increase in bullet velocity and the latter has reduced recoil.
C-Tier Assault Rifles
- FFAR 1
- FN Scar 17
Everything in the C-Tier and below was largely ignored in Warzone Pacific Season 4. The FFAR 1 got a slight adjustment to recoil for the better, but nothing crazy enough to change these lower tiers.
D-Tier Assault Rifles
- FR 5.56
- AK-47 (Modern Warfare)
These weapons haven’t been good for some time, and the latest patch notes didn’t change that. They can all still be used for fun or unique loadouts, but you’ll be losing more than a few matchups.
So there you have it, our full tier list for all ARs at the start of Warzone Pacific Season 4 (2022).
For more fantastic game content, check out our section dedicated to Call of Duty news, guides, updates, and more!
Featured image courtesy of Activision.